Convert an object into a Variable.
- obj : object
Object to convert into a Variable.
- If the object is already a Variable, return a shallow copy.
- Otherwise, if the object has ‘dims’ and ‘data’ attributes, convert it into a new Variable.
- If all else fails, attempt to convert the object into a Variable by unpacking it into the arguments for creating a new Variable.
- name : str, optional
- obj can be a 1D array, which is assumed to label coordinate values along a dimension of this given name.
- Variables with name matching one of their dimensions are converted into IndexVariable objects.
- var : Variable
The newly created variable.