Xarray related projects¶
Here below is a list of several existing libraries that build functionality upon xarray. See also section xarray Internals for more details on how to build xarray extensions.
- aospy: Automated analysis and management of gridded climate data.
- infinite-diff: xarray-based finite-differencing, focused on gridded climate/meterology data
- marc_analysis: Analysis package for CESM/MARC experiments and output.
- MPAS-Analysis: Analysis for simulations produced with Model for Prediction Across Scales (MPAS) components and the Accelerated Climate Model for Energy (ACME).
- OGGM: Open Global Glacier Model
- Oocgcm: Analysis of large gridded geophysical datasets
- Open Data Cube: Analysis toolkit of continental scale Earth Observation data from satellites.
- Pangaea:: xarray extension for gridded land surface & weather model output).
- Pangeo: A community effort for big data geoscience in the cloud.
- PyGDX: Python 3 package for accessing data stored in GAMS Data eXchange (GDX) files. Also uses a custom subclass.
- Regionmask: plotting and creation of masks of spatial regions
- salem: Adds geolocalised subsetting, masking, and plotting operations to xarray’s data structures via accessors.
- SatPy : Library for reading and manipulating meteorological remote sensing data and writing it to various image and data file formats.
- Spyfit: FTIR spectroscopy of the atmosphere
- windspharm: Spherical harmonic wind analysis in Python.
- wrf-python: A collection of diagnostic and interpolation routines for use with output of the Weather Research and Forecasting (WRF-ARW) Model.
- xarray-simlab: xarray extension for computer model simulations.
- xarray-topo: xarray extension for topographic analysis and modelling.
- xbpch: xarray interface for bpch files.
- xESMF: Universal Regridder for Geospatial Data.
- xgcm: Extends the xarray data model to understand finite volume grid cells (common in General Circulation Models) and provides interpolation and difference operations for such grids.
- xmitgcm: a python package for reading MITgcm binary MDS files into xarray data structures.
- xshape: Tools for working with shapefiles, topographies, and polygons in xarray.
Extend xarray capabilities¶
- Collocate: Collocate xarray trajectories in arbitrary physical dimensions
- eofs: EOF analysis in Python.
- xarray_extras: Advanced algorithms for xarray objects (e.g. integrations/interpolations).
- xrft: Fourier transforms for xarray data.
- xr-scipy: A lightweight scipy wrapper for xarray.
- X-regression: Multiple linear regression from Statsmodels library coupled with Xarray library.
- xskillscore: Metrics for verifying forecasts.
- xyzpy: Easily generate high dimensional data, including parallelization.