- netCDF4: recommended if you want to use xray for reading or writing files
- scipy: used as a fallback for reading/writing netCDF3
- pydap: used as a fallback for accessing OPeNDAP
- bottleneck: speeds up NaN-skipping aggregations by a large factor
- cyordereddict: speeds up most internal operations with xray data structures
Before you install xray, be sure you have the required dependencies (numpy and pandas) installed. xray is a pure Python package, but its dependencies are not. The easiest way to get them installed is to use the Anaconda python distribution.
To install xray, use pip:
pip install xray
To run the test suite after installing xray, install nose and run nosetests xray.